Have irregular and fast heartbeats while smoking weed. How to prevent this?

I am 19 and I was fine smoking weed for the first couple of years. For the past couple of months, every single time I smoke my heart races and my heartbeat becomes irregular. Sometimes, I cannot even walk because my heart starts beating too fast and I feel as if I am going to pass out. I was wondering what is going on and if there is anything I can do from preventing this from happening and if there are any substantial health risks I must take into account. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The only recourse for definite cure is to stop smoking weed.
Anything else is of temporary relief and may not help in long term.
In any problem, the treatment must be directed to the cause - you know the cause / you probably have motivation. Seek medical help

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck