Have intermittent fever, weight loss, appetite loss, low hemoglobin. How to proceed?

my father is 85 years old.he has been suffering from fever from past 1 n half months. he gets well for a day or two and then he suffers from fever. the temperature ranges from 100 to 102. all the blood reports have come out be negative. he is constantly loosing wait and his appetite is also reducing. his hemoglobin was 11 and today it came out to be 12. the doctors are unable to diagnose the cause of temperature. can you please guide us how to proceed. thanks anu magan new delhi,india
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013