Have intermittent PVCs and PACs, taking Toprol. Family history of ventricular fibrillation

Hi. I am 57 (female). I have had intermittent PVCs and PACs for years. My cardiologist has assured me that they are of no significance. I take toprol, which doesn t help much. I have settled into bigemeny for the past one month continuously: 24/7. It makes me feel bad. My internist wants me to go back and see the cardiologist, but I am afraid to go see him because the cardiologist always says nothing to worry about - ignore them and makes me feel like a worrier. Is the change from occasional to every other beat worthy of another visit to the cardiologist? My mother died at 47 from ventricular fibrillation , so you can understand my concern.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012