Have insomnia and PMS symptoms. Taking Provera for Endometriosis. Alternative medicine without side effects?

I am taking provera 50mg daily to stop my periods as I have been diagnosed with endometriosis . They are causing me terrible side effects and the worst is insomnia which means i cannot function during the day, am irritable moody and magnified PMS symptoms. Is there another pill or perhaps the contraceptive pill I can try with less side effects? family HISTORY OF bREAST CANCER though? Help?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013