Have inflammatory arthritis, raised ESR levels, joint pain. What is it?

Hi, I m 30 years old and I was diagnosed with imflamitry arthritis through having raised esr levels and my joints being in so much pain, it mainly affected my hips but then moved onto my knees too but now it s in the bottom part of my back too. I m on tablets for this but they don t really help anymore. Now my daughter age 9 started complaining of hip, knee, & ankle pain, I ve taken her to the gp, who has done a blood test which has come back with raised esr levels too! Could u tell me if this could be something else as it seems to be affecting the female side of the family and my mother is the same but was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome! Also what should I be asking the doctor to do to confirm our diagnoses , thank u Charlie x
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012