Have inflamed taste bud, bleeds, chipped tooth. Is there anything i should do?

I went for a free oral dental screening in my area yesterday. I have had an inflamed taste bud for 6 to 8 months. It almost goes away, then returns. It sometimes bleeds and when it bleeds it bleeds alot. At one time I had a chipped tooth that was pulled but the taste bud became inflamed because of the chipped tooth. I kept rubbing my tongue aganist the sharp edge. The dental technician I saw yesterday did a thorough exam, and she even shined a special light inside my mouth, it was very warm and I had to shut my eyes while she did the exam with this light. The dental technician said to rinse morning and evening with salty warm water, and it already feels better. But why will this inflamation on my taste bud not ever go completely away. It is horrible when it bleeds and scary. Is there anything else I should do? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013