Have inflamed penis due to allergy to soap. Had yeast infection. Recommendations?

Hey, I have recently got over a yeast infection from having unprotected sex with my gf. My penis was inflamed. It was pretty rough sex. But I had no discharge , no sores or anything. My foreskin was just inflamed in tight. Doc gave me a antifungal cream and I used that for a week. Things got better...I had sex again and everything was cool. I took a shower and washed my penis and it literally inflamed before my eyes. This time its not so much the skin but the shaft too now. Doc says the cream dried my skin out and I had a allergic reaction to the soap which has caused this new irritation. Told me to lay off the cream and wash with a regular no fragrance soap bar. Can anyone explain what is going on? I m really starting to freak out because I ve never had penis issues before. I m only 25.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013