Have infection in molar. Have pain. Took antibiotics. Any need to pull teeth?

I had or still have an infection in the last right molar. I took antibiotics but it is still hurting not as much but still hurts. The dentist said my tooth was perfectly fine. If the tooth is in good condition do you still have to take the tooth out? I feel like the amoxillian was not a strong enough antibiotic. It got better but not enough for the infection to go away. It is very easy for the dentist to say pull it out but if the tooth is in perfect condition I don t see why pull it out than get rid of the infection. I d like your advice as if it were your teeth . Would you pull it out?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013