Have infection in fingers. On medication as advised by dermatologist but still no use. What to do?

I have aquariums, I use gloves when tending to them, I had a finger nail infection red line going up my hand, went to the Dr. was on antibiotic..went to dermatologist, he injected both thumbs on each side...that was painful. Well again I guess when I stuck my hand to deep, as soon as I realized I got water in I washed my hands, but infection is here, put thymol with alcohol and it burned...AM got up touched it and puss came out... noticed a red line going up my hand..put Bacitracin and band aid..Dr. said it is not fungus,,,I am a child care provider and not able to go to the Drs. week days ,,,will I be okay?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013