Have impetigo. Skin under the nose darkened. Had fever blisters. Remedy?

After treating fever blisters, about a week later the skin around my mouth became extremely dark. Now it just won t return to normal. I was told i had impetigo because the skin right underneath my nose was much lighter and had a couple scars (where my skin was open from the fever blisters) when i went back to the doctor about this and received some mupirocin and an anti-biotic for it. The doctor said it would clear up in a week, but it hasn t. What should i do to clear up this dark skin around my mouth which looks like a 5 o clock shawdow?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012