Have hypothyroidism. Tests show high lipid and uric acid levels. Medicine required?

Dear Doc, I am a male 36Yrs diagnosed with Hypothyroid since 2003. My recent reports are as, TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) C.L.I.A 93 ng/dl TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C.L.I.A 10.50 μg/dl THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) C.L.I.A 3.24 μIU/ml FREE THYROXINE(FT4) C.L.I.A 1.40 ng/dl Recently, my lipid and uric acid have also come on high side, URIC ACID PHOTOMETRY 8.50 mg/dl CHOLESTEROL TOTAL PHOTOMETRY 227 mg% CHOLESTEROL HDL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 49 mg% CHOLESTEROL LDL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 139 mg% TRIGLYCERIDES PHOTOMETRY 235 mg% TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO CALCULATED 4.61 Ratio LDL / HDL RATIO CALCULATED 2.81 Ratio VLDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 47.02 mg% What do you suggest that should I take medicine to control my uric & lipid or try to balance it with diet and regular exercise/yoga. Plus, would like to add anything which I should do to reduce weight, as the weight seems to stubborn when I try to loose. Please help! Regards, Jasdeep Singh
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013