Have hypohyroidism. Swelling of hands, wrists, ankles. On water pills. Having cyclic edema. Suggestions?

Hi, I have hypothyroid . I have swelling of face, hands, wrists, ankles and been put on water pills for the past 30 years. Now I can not seem to go off the pills even for one day. If I take them later than the normal time (in the am) then I begin to get puffy eyes and not feel very well. I have also been told that I have cyclic edema . Help...I feel like a prisioner working around my water pills and bathroom daily.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013