Have hypertension, done blood test, prescribed Metasans. Can BP be controlled without medicine?

Greetings Doctor, Im a hypertensive since 1997. BP is normal. My age is 46, Male, Every quarter I visit cardiologist with blood reports. In the month of may FBP was 103 and post lunch was 174. Day before yesterday when i took the blood test FBP is 168 and three months aver (HB..1c) is 8.7. Doctor suggested Metasans 500mg after dinner for two weeks and review. My question is can i control without medicine, as i was told i have to use drug lifelong. Im very scared. Kindly advise
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012