Have hyper-acidity. Prescribed Ranitidine Ulcin. Healing time?

Hi, I ve been suffering from hyperacidity ( flatulence , burping a lot, bloating , pain in upper abdomen which sometimes wakes me up at night) for four days now. Went to doctor and he told me to take Ranitidine Ulcin for a week, twice a day. I only started taking the medicine last night. It hasn t lessened the pain I ve been experiencing though. Well maybe because I ve been overeating, I don t know how to balance my meals. The pain worsens when I do physical stuff like briskwalking, etc. I m worried. Is it going to go away soon? I m trying my best to eat less but more often.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013