Have huge cold sore on lips. No medication till now. What is the permanent cure?

Hello... in February I had a huge cold sore and after it healed it left a dry round patch in its place that is still there. Its not irritating just looks weird. I am now suffering from another cold sore and its healing the same way... into a round red dry patch. I've tried lotions and lip balms and nothing helps. I put cover up on the old one to hide it and it seems to make it worse. I've gotten cold sores my whole life and never had them leave such odd patches on my lips. Any suggestions would be so helpful!
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013