Have hot flashes, taking birth control pill, have anxiety. What could be the reason?

Hi. I ve been having hot flashes for the past couple of days. I get them several times a day, mainly when the temperature inside the house is warm. If I get up and move around, the hot flash subsides, but if I m sitting and watching tv, i my face starts to feel hot. I live in the midwest where the temperatures have been well into 100 s, if that helps anything. I also just started taking a birth control pill and suffer from anxiety , which I currently do not take medicine for. What could my hot flashes be a result of?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012