Have horrible back pain and irregular pressure in lower abdomen. 38 weeks pregnant. Reason?

Mae88I m 38 weeks today. I woke up this morning with horrible back pain , easily a 7/10. The pain wasn t constant, but it was very close together. It didn t last more than an hour, i was able to go back to sleep. Through out today I ve had slight, irregular contractions/pressure in my lower abdomen . I took a walk, and was able to do things around the house, but now i can t move with out pain in my lower abdomen. It comes and goes, seems more regular and intense than earlier today. Nothing makes it better. When it happens my baby stops moving, and my belly gets really hard all over... I have an appointment tomorro morning. I m hoping I can make it until then. Just wondering when to call/go in.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
The symptoms you describe are of proper labor pains, i think you should go to the hospital without wasting time, for checkup.
So my advice is to go to the hospital ASAP, get a check up done regarding the well being of the baby and whether actually you are in labor or not.
All the Best and take care, waiting for the good news.