Have hives after starting Metformin, microgestin for PCOS, partner has hives on feet. Could hives be due to medicines?

Hello, back in August I started taking Metformin and Microgestrin for PCOS . Currently I have had hives for about the last 2 1/2 months. I stopped taking the metformin for a week and still broke out in hives. My husband now has them on his feet and other areas. I m still curious if my hives could be from the metformin because that is when they started but I know it wouldn t cause my husband to get them. Unless could he get them from me? It is very frustrating i ve changed soaps, take zyrtec and was given a prednisone pack. My hives still have not ceased. Please Help Me!!! I work in a doctors office and today i m going to ask to get some blood work done.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  144 Awaiting Answer