Have hirsutism. High prolactin levels, not pregnant, periods normal. Can I start laser hair removal even with high prolactin levels?

I am 22 year old healthy girl who has hirsutism . Before starting laser hair removal I went to the dr. to see if this is a medical condition. The dr. did some tests and it turns out I don t have PCOS , my hormone levels are fine so he said it might be genetic (my dads side of the family is hairy). My prolactin levels were high but he said this is weird since I am I am not pregnant, my periods are normal, and I don t have any breast secretions. He reffered me to a endocrinologist since he wasn t sure. Can I still start laser hair removal now even with high prolactin levels?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012