Have hip pain and weakness. Working out and muscle fitness. Will this worsen the scenario?

I have hip pain and weakness after sitting indian style. I am 44 years old, 134 lbs, 5 5 . I have trouble walking after I get up from sitting on the floor. After a few minutes, it goes away and feels better. The pain is not during the sitting phase... it is only after getting up. I walk like an 80 year old woman... hunched and in pain for a few minutes, and then its ok. Does this ring a bell to anyone? I work out at the gym with cardio and muscle fitness but this has been happening long before going to the gym. It has not improved or worsened with this activity.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012