Have hip, groin and thigh pain. Had injury that splintered femur. Seeing PT. Suggestions?

9 months ago I had a crushing injury which splintered my femur , broke the top of the femur (hip), fractured the hip socket and displaced the pelvic bone up about 2 inches. The surgeon pinned the leg & hip, had me non weight bearing for 90 days and then light PT. The PT assigned my case told me I would never walk comfortably, dance or ride a bicycle. I tried to not believe him, but he let me go after 2 visits, telling the GP there was nothing else to be done for me. After 10 weeks of increasing pain, I finally got a new PT referral - the new PT thinks the joint is tight & inflamed. However, the exercises exacerbate the hip/groin/thigh pain so most days I m still in the same amount of pain as before. I do gentle manipulations ( knee to chest , drop bent knee sideways) and muscle strengthening (clamshell, leg lifts and modified knee bends) once a day. After 3 weeks, he wanted me to increase to twice a day - if I do that the pain is so severe I can t function. Do I need to look for further help???? Michelle
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013