I think, you actually suffer every month due to PCOS -Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome can vary. Someone with PCOS may have some of the symptoms below:
• Lack of menstrual periods
• Lack of ovulation and infertility
• Very light menstrual cycles
• Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
• Endometriosis and cancer
• Excess hair growth, usually in a male pattern
• Insulin resistance
(problems with blood sugar control)
• Male-pattern abdominal fat accumulation
• Weight gain
• Some women who have PCOS show no signs of it.
There is probably a genetic component to PCOS. However, skyrockets increase of PCOS for last 50 years explains that the problem is not in genes, the problem is environmental: what is our life style, which are our eating habits, how much toxicity we have outside and inside us etc.
In many cases PCOS causes by metabolic syndrome
or insulin resistance, sugar, sweets sodas and proceeded food, chronic stress, Candida – yeast overgrow, nutrient deficiencies, and high level of internal toxicity.
There is often in PCOS a “resistance” of cells to insulin. Therefore, the pancreas makes more insulin try to balance the “resistance”. The extremely high level of insulin can cause many health problems and can cause hormonal surge in the woman’s body. Too much insulin controls the pituitary gland
and growth hormone
, rises in the androgen (testosterone), stores fat and gains weight, causes fatigue, depression, brain fogginess, water retention, creates problems in the ovary’s production of eggs. Frequently, the eggs turn into cysts, which are like little fluid-filled sacs.
What is helpful?
• Diet to avoid meat, sugars, sodas, wheat, processed foods
• Herbal Medicine (Ayurveda), women herbs
• Yoga, exercises’
• Food supplements: vitamins D, B, magnesium, chromium, zinc, probiotics, etc
• Stress management
is critical, especially for you
Do not panic! You can do well.