Have high cholesterol, on lipitor, have neuropathy on foot. Side effects?

I am 62 years old and I have high cholesterol (139) and low good cholesterol (48) on 10mg of Lipitor (My father died of heart issues at the age of 76). But after 10 years I have began to have some side effects (for example neuropathy in my feet ) I want to get off the statins and lower my cholesterol. I exercise regularly (6 days a week) and have lost weight -- I need to loose another 5 to 10 lbs (I am 5 3 and weigh 133lb). What can I do? Ana Sauthoff
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013