Have high blood pressure, taking sarpagandha and dashamularishta. Have swollen legs and feet. Is this normal?

Hi, would really appreciate your assistance! I have been to ayurvedic clinic in Kerala for 2 weeks and upon leaving has purchased some medicines for my mother. She has a high blood pressure , and I was hoping that with the ayurvedic medicines she should be able to stabilize it... My mother is 77 years old, is slim and though I am not strong in determining dosha types, I think I take very much after her in everything (genetically and otherwise), so would assume she has dominant dosha vata (in case this might matter)... In any case, for blood pressure she is taking sapragandhaadi tablets twice a day (morning and evening) for 7 days now, and also dasamulaharitaki lehyam before bed time. She sleeps much better now, feels well and her blood pressure has stabilized, but this evening she has stressed that she has swallen lower legs and feet , and also mentioned that her eyes were swallen in the morning... Is this normal? What does swelling mean? Would really appreciate your assistance!
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012