Have high blood pressure, pain in heart, difficulty breathing. Reason for sleep test?

I have been having high blood pressure very high for a few weeks and went to heart Dr, and he put me on bp and an diarectic I have my blood pressure good now but feel I have some pains in my heart and can't get my breath good. They want to do a sleep study cause I have to take ambien to sleep, I still never feel rested. I thought I should do a Stress test and see if anything going on with that first. How can they tell if it is your heart with sleep test.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013