Have high SGPT. What does it mean? Had hemicolectomy and hysterectomy. Need to check thyroid levels?

I am a 51 year old woman weight 64 kg ht 162, with Hb 14.5, fasting glucose 119, glucose after 2 hrs 114, urea 24,creatinine .9, uric acid 5.8,cholesterol 262, hdl 62,ldl 165, triglycerides 170, total cholesterol 4.2,,bilirubin .6,conjugated bilirubin .2,unconjugated .4,protein 7.3,albumin 4.7,globulin 2.6,SGOT 25,SGPT40,GGTP 28,alkaline phosphotase 74.
I had a hemiclectomy and a hysterectomy 4 yrs ago.
My Qs
should i have statins for my cholesterol? or go on low fat diet and test again after a month?
what does elevated SGPT signify?
should i test my thyroid levels?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013