Have high Blood sugar level. On gluconorm, metformin, glimperide. Medication?

My father is 75 and have Bloodsugar level is 200-300 and Hba1c is over 8.He is taking GluconormPG2( Metformin 1 gm,glimperide 2 mg and pioglitazone 30 mg) as the sugar level is not coming down then doctor prscribed Gluconorm g 4 forte(glimperide 4mg and metformin 1gm).but still it is not coming down.what should i do?shoud i use other medicine? Rbc 5.5,Hb 10.8,Hematocrit 33.5,Mean corpuscular vol 60.6,Red cell distribution width 16.0,Glucose pp-242,Cholesterol 130,Triglycerides 84 HDL- 46,Direct LDL cholesterol 65 ,Creatinine 1.1 ,Uric acid 5.8,Alanine Aminotransferase 25.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012