Have herniated disk in lower back. Had a accident earlier. Can it the reason for this?

I only had a herniated disk from 9 yrs ago in my lower back. I had a MRI done on saturday. It says L3/4 and L4/5 both have mild disk space narrowing with partial dehydration of the disk. L3/4 is more to the left. L 4/5 is seen centrally. Now i was recently in a car accident. Where did this other herniated disk come from? I only had one. And also in my neck C 5/6 level, i have a herniated disk there as well. Could that have happened from my car accident?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013