Have herniated disk, compressing nerve foot. Taking hydrocodone, morphine sulphate. Suggest?

i have a hernaited disk at l5-s1 that is compressing a conjoined nerve root on the left side. i am taking hydrocodone and was changed from morphine sulfate er tabs to fentanyl patches due to tolerance build up over the period of one year, i am having lumbar ephidurals but have noticed that my pain levels are not being controlled to a tolorable level and the only thing that is stopping the pain is to lay down for 1-2 hrs then get back up. this has to be repeated several times per day. after getting back up within one hour the pain in my left leg becomes very bad again. i do not understand why i am having so much pain when i am on mediciations like the ones i am on.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013