Have hernia. Getting pressure in stomach and burp to relieve pain. Is this normal?

i have two hernias one umbilical and one in the groin i also have bowel loops however i find i can put preasure on my stomach or back and burp to relieve the pain is this normal and what can be done im not seeing my specialist until may although i was told it was serious. hope you can help as ive been trying to lose weight so the hernias can be sorted but end up with vomitting and runs when i stick to mostly fruit and veg
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013