Have hemorrhoid, painful to sit, paranoid. What would the cost of treatment be?

Hi, I currently am unemployed in the uk receiving job seekers allowance ice had problems with hemorrhoid a for a while now and have only been to get them checked about 2 years ago, I fear they have grown much worse. I was wondering would surgery be free for me as I'm on benefits or if not do you know roughly how much it would cost. Also I feel they prevent me from working as I find it extremely painfull to either sit or stand at times. Could I be eligible for dla? Personally I would prefer to get them sorted get a job and get on with life although I'm very paranoid about going to my gp.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013