Have hemocromotosis,low platelet count and enlarged spleen. Got infected, slow healing. Cirrhosis of liver?

My mother is 80 years old. She has been diagnosed with hemocromotosis , with iron levels four times the normal amount. She also has been told she has a low platelet count and an enlarged spleen . With the exception of chronic arthritis and numerous joint replacements, she has been in fairly good health for most of her life. Last year, she obtained an infection from a joint replacement surgery and was on a wound vac for 6 months. She bruises very easily and heals very slowly. Very low energy levels, but again, she is 80 years old. Is there a chance of cirrhosis of the liver? If so, what can be done? If not, what should we do? She has been told she needs to donate blood. Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013