Have heavy discharge. Clitoris is swollen. Vagina is itchy and smells. Advice?

For about a month I ve been discharging so much lately and it gets a little itchy. I ve had sex but am not pregnant because I ve gotten my period but my clitoris is swollen or maybe not really swollen but its big. Sometimes my vagina smells a little too and itches but im just really not sure why my clitoris is big. Please help
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013

I seems you have an sexually transmitted disease.

Their are various types of sexually transmitted disease and all have some commons stuff while some things are different,

1) If discharge is " grayish white or yellow and has fishy smell" its mostly bacterial vaginosis

2) If discharge with pain during intercourse probably gonorrhea

3) If discharge is yellow-green, itchy, frothy, foul-smelling probably trichomoniasis

4) If discharge is white curd like its probably candidacies,

5) If pain/ burning while urination its Urinary tract infection.

So its can't be determined from your description alone as too many possibilities as listed above,

ADVICE:

Consult physician whom you are comfortable talking to (mostly a female physician I guess?)

Here is mostly what they will do.

1) do an visual inspection of your vaginal area

2) collect some sample for laboratory test

3) may be some blood test if they have suspicion of systemic infection

4) may ask for testing for "HIV" (Mostly depends upon where you are as its recommended in USA to ask patient for that test - PLEASE DO NOT BE SCARED - ITS JUST A LEGAL FORMALITY IT DOES NOT MEANS YOU HAS AIDS/ HIV and should not be a reason not to take medical attention for present problems, if You wish you can deny the HIV test.)

5) lastly they will treat it will some ANTIBIOTICS.