Have heart palpitations, feel like coughing. Due to smoking?

Hi, I am having Heart palpitations for the past 5 days. It feels like skipping a heart beat after 1 hour of taking any meal. I am 21 years old and skinny. Sometimes my heart skip a beat 2-3 times in a row and I feel like to cough . For the past 1 week my eating and sleeping pattern has changed due to my vacations and I have started smoking , I know its very bad. I sleep at around 7 am and wake up in the afternoon. Am I having the palpitations due to the above reasons or there could be any serious issue? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013