Have heart failure due to idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Is it safe to have a child?

I am a 24 year old female who was recently diagnosed with heart failure as a result of idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy , my ejection fraction rate is between 10-15%. Prior to hospitalization I wasn t aware I had this condition and after 5 failed cardioversions I was implanted with an bi- ventricular ICD after an ablation. I m only 24 and I m really upset because my cardiologist (I ve only had one appointment thus far) doesn t know if I will be able to have children because of the condition. What would have to happen for me to be able to safely carry a child? What would my EF have to be? What can I do to help improve it? Thank you in advance, and please realize this is a topic that is the closest to my heart.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013