Have headaches, occipital neuralgia, diarrhea. Had tymoplasty surgery. On prednisone. Help?

Hello. I had tymoplasty surgery done to my left ear drum in February. Three weeks ago I started experiencing terrible pain in my head on the same side. I ended up in emergency had ct scan scan and was sent to a neurologist. He diagnosed me with occipital neuralgia. He prescribed gabapentin and indomethican(?). I was taken off the indo because of severe diarrhea. After several days I was put on prednisone. Only two days left to take this though. Saw my doctor today an he took me off the gabapentin an gave me a nerve block. I am suffering terrible pain tonight. My question, when does this block take affect an when will the nerve settle down? This is truly unbearable. Also, is it normal to get on from this type of surgery? By the way this s the second surgery in 8 months and it didn't take again. Thank you for your response.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013