Have headaches, dizziness, HR elevated, rashes on neck. On gabapentin. What is wrong?

My 52 yr old sister has been having headaches for 2 weeks. MD felt it was neorogenic headaches because her neck has been bothering her. She was prescribed flexoril, physical therapy and gabapentin . On Sun she noticed a rash beginning on her neck. Monday the rash was more noticeable after showering. At work, she had a sensation of hotness from her toes to her head, dizziness and like she was going to faint. She went outside and the cold air relieved this feeling. 10 min. later the same symptoms occurred. Blood sugar was checked by the nurse at work-it was 112. BP normal and HR elevated and tacky. She had an appt. with the neurologist that afternoon. Neuro said the symptoms that morning were not related to the gabapentin, and she also said she didn t notice a rash on my sister s neck, shoulders and chest region. She d/c d the gabapentin and prescribed pamelor 10 mg x 1 wk, increse to 20 after 1 week and return in one month. An MRI is scheduled for Monday 1/21. My sister is afraid to take the new medicine, doesn t feel confident in this doctor since she dismissed the rash and the symptoms she had earlier in the day. What do you think could be happening with my sister? I am concerned.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013