Have headache, leg pain, respiratory infection, recurrent fevers, after mitral valve deformity repair

My daughter is 5yrs old and had an a/vsd with a mitral valve deformity repair last June. Since the surgery she has periodically complained of headaches and leg pain. However in January she was sick with a respitory infection and ran a fever for a week. At the end of Feb she started running another fever for a week. I took her to the ER and they tested her for the flu, xray for pneumonia etc and found no real cause to the fever. Now she has been running a fever again for a week and the past three nights she has vomited. The leg pain is is occuring more to the point that she wants us to carry her. I am concerned something more serious is going on and her regular pediatrician is brushing it under the rug.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013