Have headache. Had surgery on neck. Could I have a pinched nerve?

i ve had a headache for the past 5 years. It moves from side to side but it s always in the base of my head. I also have to have surgery on my neck to have a bone removed and a plate inserted. but the neurosurgeon says he doesn t think the surgery will stop the headaches , he says he thinks I need to see a neuroralogist. He thinks I have a pinched nerve. I have been walking around with this headache for 5 yearsand my doctors have had me on serveral drugs, none of which work. If I do have a pinched nerve, will I have to have surgery on that too, and by it being messed up for so long, can it be corrected?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013