Have hard stools and white spots in it. Taking Mira Lax. Cause?

I have hard to pass and hard stools with white spots in the stool. I am not having stomach cramps or any other symptoms. I am female, 68 years old. I have had problems with constipation as long as I can remember. My doctor told me to take Mira Lax on a regular basis. I usually take it every other night or not at all if I am going daily or every other day. I have also taken stool softners at times. The white spots just started in the last couple of weeks. Are they something I should be worried about? Thank You!
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013