Have hard, raised skin above genital area. Have boil formed above with foul smelling pus. Cure?

I have a hard, round, raised area the size of a pea on my skin right above the genital area (male) which was painless. When I was at the doctor for a men’s annual exam, I showed it to him, and he quickly gave the medical term for it (which I don’t remember) and continued with the other matter. About a week ago, what appeared to be a boil formed directly above the area. When it came to a head, it had foul smelling pus . I would not be concerned if it were not directly above this area. Are they related, and do I need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
You must consult dermatologist for the diagnosis and perfect treatment. He will recommend certain investigations and will come to the diagnosis , and will give perfect medicines. You will be alright. Do not worry.