Have hairline fracture in middle finger. Wearing a splint. How speed up healing?

I have a hairline fracture on my left middle finger . I jammed it playing basketball (I am an athlete, I play softball, basketball and volleyball as well). It s been 2 weeks and half since the injury and it doesn t feel like it s getting any better. I am currently wearing a splint . I was just wondering, is there any way possible to speed up the injury? I need to play softball ASAP. Also, how do I know when it s fully healed?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013