Have had the birth control rod, implanon. Spotted after sex. have abdominal pain. Pregnant?

Hi, I am almost 21 yrs old and have had the birth control rod, implanon in my arm for almost 3 yrs. The date of insertion and removal is Nov. 6th...less than a month away now. Once it was inserted I have had no period/spotting. Until now. Oct. 13th I suddenly spotted. I had back surgery over 3 weeks ago, took prescription narcotics and steroids immediately afterwards to help relieve pain and swelling . I have had no abdominal pain . I ve also gained about 50 lbs in the last year or so..190-240lbs currently. My question is, is it normal to have suddenly experienced bleeding less than a month before my implanon is due to be removed ? After going 3 yrs with no bleeding problems and currently being sexually active. Is there any chance of being pregnant due to decreased hormone release,steroids from surgery, ect ?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012