Have had swollen lymph nodes behind ears. Took antibiotics for sinus infection. Side effect?

I ve had what I thought were swollen lymph nodes behind both ears(underneath the lobes) for years. They are very large and firm and very close to the same size in both sides. I brought up my concerns about them to several drs and I ve had some agree with me that they were lymph nodes and were probably permanently swollen and nothing to worry about and I ve had others tell me that they weren t even lymph nodes. I still insist that they are lymph nodes because I remember I first noticed them when I was a teenager when I would wear cheap earrings or gauge my ears. They would swell and bother me. Over the years they haven t bothered me except a few times they ve been itchy and maybe slightly more swollen but not painful. How am I supposed to know if they are lymph nodes or not? If they are should I be concerned? I also have more swollen lymph nodes popping up in my neck . But these ones are causing pain and pressure. They are not the same ones on both sides. One of them under my jaw feels like the size of a jelly bean. But I can t even feel the same node on the opposite side. And I have a few others but they are softer and harder to feel. I was getting sick when I first noticed them and I was given an antibiotic for a sinus infection . Which I only took right for a few days then started missing doses and then didn t quite finish the prescription. I don t feel sick anymore but my nodes are still causing a little pain and are not going away. Is it possible that I still have a sinus infection even tho I m not sick anymore since I didn t take the antibiotic right? Could this be why my lymph nodes are still swollen? I just think its strange because I ve been sick before and never had swollen lymph nodes or pain in them?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013