Have had severe tonsillitis, troubled breathing, low dose steroid. Why is throat more painful?

In the past 8 weeks, I have had 2 severe cases of tonsillitis in the past 8 weeks. Each case caused me to have trouble breathing . The first case was before I found out that I am pregnant and I was prescribe antibiotics and a low dose steroid . The next case was just as severe and I received the same antibiotic but no steroid b/c I had learned of my pregnancy. This last dose of antibiotics did not clear the infection and now just a week later my throat is again swelling to the point that my breathing has become difficult and my throat is becoming more painful. Is a tonsillectomy possible for me? My last menstruation was 10 Nov 12.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013