Have had poison ivy. Taking histamines, cortisone shots. Popping in body. What can help further?

i have had poison ivy for the last two weeks. i have been taking anti histamines, i received a cortisone shot, and a round of prednisone . last week, i spent one of my sick days, wiping down the surfaces, with disposable towels, in the house to prevent continuing contact. i have been washing my sheets, towels and clothes every day. nothing is helping, not only do i still have it, but it is continuing to pop up in other areas, my body, back, thighs, face, eyelids, even in my ear. i ve used cortisone cremes, aveeno stuff, ivyrest and now, my physician told me to use an ivy wash. i m on my 2nd tube of it, since yesterday, and it s not cheap, without any results. on their website they state if you are not getting results, then you are not following the instructions. i am following them to the T. i am desperate for even an hour or two of relief . the walgreen s pharmacist told me to start treating it like a burn and gave me an ointment with lidocaine , it helps a little, but not much. at least i don t feel like crying or pulling my hair out, but i know that rest will be hard to come be again tonight. my arms were also so bad, that the dr also prescribed hydocodone for the pain. i feel like i m not being taken serious. and i don t think anyone really understands all the measures i have taken to eliminate further contact with the oils .
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012