Have had pain on sternum, painful, pregnant, gallbladder issues. What to do?

for a long time (years) I have had pain right around my sternum, which, the only way I can describe it, feels like I haven t eaten for days, like I m starving to death. Often, I wake up in the night with this pain. I do take med for GERD and when I was pregnant for my lasy child I did have problems with my gall bladder . I m not really hungry because I don t go that long inbetween meals. I m wondering if dehydration could cause this. I m not big on drinking water. And, yes, I do like coffee. About 5 cups/day. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

Such nonspecific symptoms can be caused by acid reflux disease, peptic ulcers, stomach mucosa inflammation or even stomach cancer. That is why, with such symptoms upper GI endoscopy should be performed to rule it out. Helicobacter Pylori test should be done during this test and if positive, antibiotics treatment should be done.
Chest pain should always be checked with heart condition. At least ECG should be performed. Chest X-ray and blow test is also advisable as GERD very often is associated with asthma.

Hope this will help.