Have had implant. Bled a lot after sex. Why did I get cramps? Serious?

Hi, i have had the implant now for about 5 months, i bled quite a lot at the beginning and then it calmed down. i now only seem to bleed after sex and this usually starts the next day and i get cramps too, its not heavy though. I just want to know if it could be anything serious, I couldnt find an exact answer looking through here so hope you cant help, thank you
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
IUDs do not cause bleeding after sex. If you get bleeding after sex, you need to see a doctor, and that may not be but a must. I was referring to actual bleeding, rather than spotting, though it's wise to check out spotting just in case. Both copper and Mirena IUDs may cause irregular bleeding, for the first few months in particular, but that's not the same as distinctive bleeding after sex.If your feel that
bleeding is significant/repetitive I suggest you to meet your doctor to avoid further blood loss.Hope this helps.Take care.