Have had fluid filled bump on ankle, noticed sudden size increase and disappeared. What is it?

I am an ice skating coach and have been skating for 38 years. I've had a large fluid like bump on the outside of my left ankle for about a year. Just yesterday when I put my foot into my ice skate, I noticed how big it was and it was being pushed up in my skate. I've never seen this before. Two hours later when I took my skate off, the bump was gone. What was it?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013

Looks like you had developed a friction blister over your feet.

It seems to have vanished due to injury from the ice skates.
Now you just need to apply a topical steroid over the affected area.

Take antihistamines if there is itching.

Wear soft footwear in future to prevent recurrence.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul