Have had diarrhea. Loose and mucus filled. Type 2 diabetic. Related?

I have had diarrhea now for 8 weeks. I go between 5-8 times per day and its very loose and mucusy. I have been on codeine to help the diarrhea which helps and the mucus stops but recently i have been on antibiotics for 10 days for cystitis , my diarrhea worsened during this time. I finished the antibiotics yesterday and am waiting for my diarrhea to settle down again. I have had a colonoscopy , my colon is totally normal and there is nothing to worry about. I am a type two diabetic and have been for 4 years now. Can you shed any light on this and tell me if taking antibiotics would stop my codeine from being as effective?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012